[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Client and Different VPN Server
Lamsoge, Abhijit
2017-07-12 09:54:49 UTC
Hi All,

Is it possible to connect to a different VPN server using openVPN as a client ?

I mean, the server running the VPN server has configured itself using different software other than OpenVPN daemon ?

Can OpenVPN client work with such cross VPN softwares ?

Abhijit
Jan Just Keijser
2017-07-12 10:05:52 UTC

On 12/07/17 11:54, Lamsoge, Abhijit wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to connect to a different VPN server using openVPN as a
> client ?
>
> I mean, the server running the VPN server has configured itself using
> different software other than OpenVPN daemon ?
>

> Can OpenVPN client work with such cross VPN softwares ?

if you mean : can an OpenVPN client connect to a non-OpenVPN server,
then the answer is simply "No".
OpenVPN uses its own protocol, which is not compatible with other VPN
services like IPSec, SSLVPN, PPTP etc.

HTH,

JJK
Lamsoge, Abhijit
2017-07-12 10:12:21 UTC
Yes.

That's what I wanted to know.

Thanks.

Abhijit

________________________________

JJK
Илья Шипицин
2017-07-12 10:25:05 UTC

> Hi All,
>
> Is it possible to connect to a different VPN server using openVPN as a
> client ?
>
> I mean, the server running the VPN server has configured itself using
> different software other than OpenVPN daemon ?
>

> Can OpenVPN client work with such cross VPN softwares ?

SoftetherVPN is "multi protocol vpn server".
it emulates openvpn protocol (not 100% actually).